Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Defining Moments

9-11 I don't know of anyone who doesn't know the significance of this date. Even if you think it was a huge conspiracy, a plot-against-the "White Folks" if you will, this date is still very significant.

I was sitting at breakfast this am, thinking about 9-11-01. I remember sitting in my parents living room, watching on the TV as the second plane crashed into the tower (live mind you) and as I was watching, I was thinking back to when I saw the Challenger Space Shuttle Explode Live on TV. - Defining Moments...

As those were both defining moments in my life, I started to contemplate other moments...
The first time I rode a bike, the moment which I "received" my call into ministry, the first crush i had, the first time I drove out of the state by myself... My years at seminary, the first time I kissed Eliza, first "Official" date, our wedding..... and the list goes on and on and on....

This is what I realized, as I was sitting at breakfast... Most of my defining moments in life are all good, and while there are so many good moments that stick out in my mind, it is the bad moments, the disasters in life that not only fight for the attention of your mind, but also bring with them other bad moments.

Here we are 6 years later after a terrorist attack on US Soil, and not only are the images still being played over and over... but the focus in the news all morning, was about bin-laden...

I MUST Ask this...

What has happened that has been positive, and good in the last 6 years? anything? I know that for me there have been some wonderful moments... what about you?

No comments: