Monday, October 13, 2008

Ignorance is WORK, Not Bliss!!!!

It's interesting the things you will hear sitting at your local coffee hot spot, talk of 2 of the most prominent non "Public Discussion" topics abound like nowhere else.... I of course am referring to Religion, and politics

It seems like every discussion centers around one of these two thoughts, but why?? Is it because of the oppression of the people for so many years to refrain from speaking on these topics??? or is it because the "Man" has put a secret neurotoxin in the coffee that causes us to uncontrollably speak every thought that comes through our head (which is then recorded by the microchips implanted in the napkins), Or even because of a "Higher Power" compelling us to join together for the benefit of mankind and form these coffee laden splinter-cells of change for the good of all mankind??????

The last couple of times I have been at our "Shipyard Office" (stop by but call me first as my hours at this office are sporadic ) I have seen this one particular gentleman one would consider to be "Wise in Years". This gentleman.... let's call him BOB for ease of use..... Bob is not very soft spoken, either because e took some shrapnel to the ear in the Revolutionary War, or because his hearing aid battery is low... either way, I was able to enjoy his many colorful rantings..... here's some things I found out from his "Wisdom"

  1. If you hear it on a commercial that follows the Today's Show.... it MUST be True!
  2. If there has been absolutely NO proof of any particular government conspiracy in 80 years that means It's not conspiracy theory, it's conspiracy FACT!
  3. Because it happened to me, means that I am the expert and it will happen to everyone GUARANTEED!!!

Let me expound, but I will start in reverse.... it's more fun for me that way

BOB, was sitting with 3 other people which seemed to be friends, they were all older, and you could tell they were enjoying yelling stories, and memories to each other. Well, BOB started talking about riding a motorcycle... so NATURALLY my ears perked up. Well he made the comment that

"It is a PROVEN FACT that where you look is where you are going to go, that's why you have to look into the turn not at the road, otherwise you will drive in a straight line right off the road"

Now mind you, in all of the years riding, I will agree that it is a GREAT Idea to look ahead and know where you are going, however, if - say - your main tank is out of gas and you need to switch over to the reserve tank, and you glance down to make sure that you don't grab the searing hot engine, and - say - you happen to be in the middle of a long curve.... my advice... DON"T MOVE YOUR STEERING HAND WHEN YOU MOVE YOUR HEAD!!! It is possible, may not be safe... but I wouldn't use that as grounds to say it is a "Proven Fact", It is a proven fact, however, that if you don't pay attention, watch the road, and be smart on a motorcycle, eventually you will be a part of a HUGE grease spot on the highway! - nuff said

Number 2 - BOB, at another point in my auditory interaction with him, began talking about the all seeing eye on the dollar bill. Now, mind you, I don't doubt that there are a lot of things that the government doesn't want us to know about... either for our safety, or to keep us from interfering with their plans for world domination.... either way, I'm good with it. But BOB began spouting off what sounded to me like a mix of all of the "Conspiracy Theory Type" movies out there.... his explanations didn't even make any since, he would use examples from WWII and Vietnam, to prove that the all seeing eye is a part of the Illuminati ???? WHAT THE??? Are you joking??? absolutely no proof, and to this date, I have NEVER heard anyone, even the most Conspiracy Nut talk about stuff like this.... so it must be true!!!

Last, would be point number 1.

BOB sat there and started quoting "Facts" about John McCain, and Obama...

Now, I am not one for much political discussion or debate, but lately I have been listening allot... there is so much to be said, and to be honest, I don't know what is true and what isn't..... now before you start telling me what is true, know this.... It doesn't matter!!! I like the guy I like, for the reasons I believe are important.... all that matters...

but as BOB was discussing the finer points of the flaws of McCain, I started thinking.... wow.... this sounds really familiar.... then it hit me.... He was quoting verbatim a commercial that I had heard that morning after the today show from the Obama campaign and against John McCain. Interesting thing about it is he was adding in front of the key points the words..."Its a Fact that..."

That's when it really sunk in, it really takes a lot of work to try to convince people that your personal opinion (or others) is fact

Ignorance.... it's Work, NOT Bliss!!!

[;o)

No comments: